Sunday 26 May 2013

Parents and Technology

Do you ever notice that your parents really have no idea about things this century.

My parents seem to only need to touch technology and it dies! And then of course I get blamed with the whole "It was working before you touched it!" But yet I am the only one that can fix anything in this house.

My dad is the worst. He always tries really hard but he just doesn't get it. On top of the fact that he doesn't understand anything he is also the only one in the house that doesn't have Mac products! Now I havnt used anything but mac since I was .... I don't even know. But he is always wanting to learn new things and asking me questions, which I am happy to teach but because I don't use those products i need to figure it out myself first so that I can teach him. Apparently he doesn't understand this and get so frustrated that i cant just show him straight away and so in turn i get frustrated at him.

My mothers biggest problem is with the Internet. Anytime the internet decides to slow down a tiny bit or maybe even when a server is busy all you hear is "Kirra, the internet is broken again" because apparently its really hard to go into the next room and check that the signal lights are on at the modem or to turn a switch on and back on.

Just recently we had a massive problem with our internet and my dad works in another state so he wasn't home (plus he would have no idea how to fix anything) and basically my mum had no idea. So I had to call our service provider who then in turn couldn't tell me anything because everything was under my dad's name.
Im sorry but why would my dad not put me down as a person they could talk to when he knows that I am going to be the only one that can deal the issue.

It just seems like common sense does it not?


But I love them! Even if they do drive me absolutely insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment