Saturday 25 May 2013

Amazed!


Do you ever have those moments that someone completely surprises you?
I just did.
My best friend told me something that I already knew but that he was finally comfortable enough to talk about it with me.
Now you may think that it is odd that your best friend would not be comfortable enough to speak about certain things with you so maybe I should tell you a little more about him.

He is actually one of the sweetest guys i know! But he is very shy almost to the point of socially awkward but not quite, and i think its one of my favourite things about him. As I am the complete opposite and am really outgoing, so we compliment each other nicely. I actually don't even know how we became friends. He is amazingly talented and I am always in awe of how utterly brilliant he is. But because he is so shy it has takes him a while to be able to tell you everything he is thinking and tonight he opened up about something that I am sure he has tried to say many times before.

When something like that happens its like a door opens and finally there are all these conversations that we had never been able to have ... that we now can! It makes me feel so excited that someone would feel so comfortable with me that they would want me to know absolutely everything about them.

"A friend should be one in whose understanding and virtue we can confide, and whose opinion we can value at once for its justness and its sincerity" - Robert Hall




No comments:

Post a Comment